Well actually one year and a few weeks, the first post I did here was back on Feb 2, 2008 and was titled, “social media marketing is a privilege.” When that post first went up I had exactly 0 readers, 0 rss subscribers, and 0 anything else you could think of. I thought now would be a good time to share some of the stats from my blog.
This blog has consistently received double digit month over month growth which I think is absolutely fantastic. My traffic levels are still nearly nowhere near where I would want them to be, but we’re getting there. By all means this blog really is still a baby, but it’s going to sky rocket (hopefully with your help), I promise Here are some quick stats.
- this blog has 370 posts
- 1,440 comments blog comments
- top traffic sources are: google, stumbleupon, twitter
- most of the visitors to this site are using firefox
- the top 3 geographical visitors are: US, UK, Canada
- currently 630 RSS subscribers
- currently receive around 200+ direct visitors a day (has gone as low as 75 to as high as 600)
- received around 20k+ views through syndication channels such as socialmediatoday.com
- visitors spend an average of 1 min 30 secs on the site
I consider these to be absolutely great numbers for only being around for a year. There are a lot of things I want to start doing on this blog such as discussing startups, putting up video posts, giving out weekly social social media scenarios, etc. This is all something I am going to start doing soon.
Looking at my analytics from a macro level really helped me see the growth and potential for this site. It’s easy to get caught up in the daily or weekly stats, but I encourage all of you to trend your analytics over a macro/lifetime period. You may be quite surprised/impressed with what you find.
So what do you think of the stats? Is there something else you want to know that I haven’t included, just let me know.
Thank you everyone for continuing to visit my site.