A few days ago I presented on the opportunity that I believe HR professionals have to lead enterprise collaboration within their organizations. HR is the only department that really focuses on people and so those in HR are in an interesting position when it comes to collaboration. However, this also means that HR professionals need to become proficient in both collaboration technologies and strategies. This doesn’t mean that HR has to lead collaboration (in some companies this has been led by business units, by IT, by HR, or by other business function) but it is certainly positioned in an able role. The presentation below looks at a few of the areas where HR can integrate collaboration into their functions. However, the assumption here is that those viewing the presentation have an idea of what the emergent collaboration tools out there look like and what they do (i.e. Jive, Yammer, Chatter, etc). That context is important to have.
The Future of Work – In Your Inbox!
A weekly Email with the top articles on the future of work. You will never be spammed!
Videos on the Future of Work and Collaboration
- Why Every Employee Should Be Building Weak Ties At Work
- 5 Steps to Make Flexible Work a Reality at Your Company
- 3 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Freak Out About Millennials In The Workplace
- The Paradox Of Organizations: How To Stay Adaptable While Focusing On Growth
- It's Time To Challenge Our Assumptions About Work