When you’re young time is all over the place. In fact, when you’re young time is one of the few things you have plenty of. I remember when I was younger I kept thinking about how I would wish time would fly so that I could become a teenager. Then I wanted time to fly so that I could be 16…then 18…then 21…Now, I wish I had more time. More time to see the world, more time to build and launch my ideas, more time to learn other languaes, more time to study other things…more time.
I’ve been going over my time consumption habits and I decided that I’m going to be making a few changes. The trouble today is that too many people worry about perfection and appearance. We’ve conditioned ourselves to spend more time than is necessary to get the point across to a colleague, a client, a friend, etc. There’s too much superfluous junk everywhere, in proposals, in reports, in useless meetings, etc.
Here are a few things I’m going to implement in my life to help me save and better allocate time.
- check email max twice a day, this is hard since my comp is always in front of me but it’s going to happen
- regulate my sleeping schedule to get around 6-8 hours of sleep per night
- create prioritized to-do lists and go through things as they come up
- continue to eat healthy meals throughout the day as it improves my concentration and work ability
- give myself more “me” time
- spend less time thinking and more time doing
- avoid all extra and unnecessary meetings
- going to experiment with using outsourcing a few tasks
There’s probably a lot more that needs to be done but this is where I’m going to start. I’m curious to hear about your time saving tips and techniques, what do you do to save and better allocate your time and is it working?