I just wanted to wish everyone a very happy Thanksgiving, it’s been a very interesting year thus far and I’m thankful for all that has happened. Blake (my girlfriend) and I came up with our list of the top 20 things we are thankful for which she published on her site The Blakery, but I’m pasting our list below:
1. Grandmas who cook in the kitchen telling stories.
2. The mistakes. They were crucial in the growth process.
3. Delicious home cooked food good for the heart, mind and soul.
3. Exercising-ability to spend time away from the computer.
4. The health and happiness of friends and family.
5. Living in San Francisco amongst beauty, and some of the smartest people in the world.
6. Travel. Ability to experience other cultures and witness how others live.
7. Risk-taking. Taking chances by trying new things, promoting new ideas–even in the face of public opinion.
8. Samba (Jacob’s German Pinscher with un-clipped ears & tail).
9. Beautiful music and meaningful film. Art.
10.Parents, even when we don’t all always agree.
11. Delicious much needed sleep!
12.Ability to act with discipline. No feat in this world is easily attained. It takes blood, sweat and tears.
13.Good books (digital or paper). There’s nothing like getting lost in a really good novel. Add a big reading chair and a warm drink -twice as good!
14. Being present in 2010-a time where social business is starting to take off. Now business people can be sociologists, and sociologists can become business people.
15.Chocolate and coffee.
16.Knowledge (important above anything else).
17.The ocean. Magnificent, mysterious, beautiful, powerful, calming.
18.Being a Jewish student of all religion.
19.Chess. Jacob’s grandma taught him Chess. He has since made it an important inspiration in his career.
20.Humility & Patience.
Wishing you and yours a very happy Thanksgiving!